Cake Chatter

Friday, January 6, 2012

{Image source}

I love layer cakes with piles of frosting. Please give me a slice on a pretty china plate {or paper!} & it's the bee's knees. I'm not much of a cupcake person. {gasp}.....I dislike dealing with the wrapper. {what to do with it & how do you eat it?} I like to sit and enjoy each bite of cake and it's something about those layers. {with icing in between!} Don't get me wrong, I will never refuse a cupcake, ever. I even bake cupcakes for my kids and they look so sweet here & there. Nonetheless, a cake on a cake stand is my pick-y pick. 

P.S. Thanks to those of you who called me after my last post!  & Amy if you're reading this,
congrats on your baby--I'm so happy for you! {I love your name for her!} xoxo


 {Image source}

2 comments:

alee said...

yum! I LOVE cake & cupcakes :)These are gorgeous- every time I see this icing design, I am tempted to try it!
Hope all your littles are feelign better & your New YEar is off to a lovely start :)!
Blessings!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Beautiful cakes are so fun;) i like cupcakes just fine if I use the natural baking cups from any old grocery store! They come in a box and they are a cute natural tan color and they are rather parchment like because they just slide right off of whatever was baked in them! Very easy and very little mess:) Try that next time you make them for your kiddos:)